There is no magic template for developing leaders. God moves mysteriously in his sovereignty to raise up leaders for his church. Nevertheless, there are some valuable, biblical principles that are given to the church for developing godly leaders. These principles help churches develop leaders according to the requirements of Scripture and help leaders be more effective in their ministries.
In this lesson we’ll take a closer look at some of the seven key principles for developing godly, effective leaders in the church.
In this course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand the primacy of Christian character in leadership development
- Explain a biblical and theological philosophy for developing church leaders
- Describe holistic core competencies needed for effective church leadership
- Evaluate calling, giftedness, and core competencies for church leaders
- Develop vision, mission, values, and plans for effective leadership development
- Design and implement a practical leadership development plan in your church
This brief video (7:32) will help you understand key principles for developing godly leaders in the church.