The good news of the gospel includes the promise of a new humanity on earth through which God will carry out his mission to make all things new. Jesus calls this new humanity the church. He refers to it as a new society on earth that is like a great city on a hill. It’s a new and better society that stands in stark contrast to all the oppression, injustice, and brokenness that fills the earth today.
In this lesson, you will learn that Christ calls together a new community on earth as a communion of saints called the church. And this community is united to one another and Christ as members of his mystical body with Jesus as the head.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain how Christ uses community to advance God’s purpose
- Define the communion of saints as used in the Apostle’s Creed
- Explain why believers are mystically united to one another
- Understand the New Testament meaning of community
- Defend the importance of community outside of public worship
- Consider the need for intentional organization of groups
This brief video (7:48) will teach you that Christ calls together a new community on earth as a communion of saints called the church.
SPECIAL OFFER: TAKE WITH YOUR OWN ONLINE GROUP FOR FREE!