Take This COURSE
On Your Own or Create a New Group
Too often the primary goal of educating church leaders is merely the successful completion of courses, seminars, and workshops. And the students primary goal is to get a certificate or diploma so they can get a job they want.
The problem is emerging church leaders can be very successful students, complete lots of courses and programs from respected schools, attend amazing conferences, seminars and workshops, and still be a failure in ministry because they have not been well-educated.
The reason? Because we confuse the means with the end. We think because someone has successfully completed a regimen of training, they get it. When the hard facts of what it means to be truly effective in ministry often show they really don’t.
To be an effective church leader you must not only master certain concepts, including biblical, theological, and practical concepts, but also master ways to apply those concepts to your life and ministry that result in transformed lives and communities.
In this next video, we’ll continue our study of leadership development principles and practices. In this course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand the primacy of Christian character in leadership development
- Demonstrate how leadership development occurs in relationships
- Explain a biblical and theological philosophy for developing church leaders
- Describe holistic core competencies needed for effective church leadership
- Evaluate calling, giftedness, and core competencies for church leaders
- Develop vision, mission, values, and plans for effective leadership development
- Design and implement a practical leadership development plan in your church
This brief video (7:09) will help you understand how church leadership development best occurs in intentional relationships while in church ministry.
We help underserved church leaders develop churches that transform lives and communities