Video 2: Gospel + Church + Culture
(From a Steve Childers’ seminary classroom lecture – recorded live)
The Bible tells us about a group of men in ancient Israel who knew what Israel should do because “they understood their times.”
“The men of Issachar understood the times, to know what Israel ought to do.” 1 Chronicles 12:32
The problem we face today is that most church leaders are trained to study God’s Word but they are not trained to study God’s world. Church leaders must be not only a wise interpreters of God’s Word but also a wise interpreters of God’s world, particularly as it is uniquely manifested in the culture that their church is serving.
Do you understand the times?
In this 5-part series you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain the value of having a Philosophy of Ministry
- Describe the key components in contextualizing
- Illustrate common dangers in neglecting a Philosophy of Ministry
- Define the four levels of cultural transformation
- Understand how behaviors and worldviews relate to each other
This brief video (7:37) will help you understand the importance of not only being a wise interpreter of God’s word, but also a wise interpreter of God’s world.
Registration closes November 15