Earlier we learned that first century Christians showed their devotion to the fellowship by regularly gathering in public worship at the temple and also in their homes. But why did these first century Christians come together? What was their purpose for gathering in smaller groups in their homes as a community?
In this lesson, you will learn that God intends for Christian community to nurture believers in their spiritual growth, provide them with pastoral care, and equip them for ministry.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain how Christ uses community to advance God’s purpose
- Define the communion of saints as used in the Apostle’s Creed
- Explain why believers are mystically united to one another
- Understand the New Testament meaning of community
- Defend the importance of community outside of public worship
- Consider the need for intentional organization of groups
This brief video (8:29) will teach you how God created us to have relationships with others and why Christians need community to grow spiritually.
SPECIAL OFFER: TAKE WITH YOUR OWN ONLINE GROUP FOR FREE!