Video 2: Dangers of Under and Over-adapting
Christianity must adapt the biblical elements regarding worship to the surrounding culture while preserving the unchanging gospel that is true for all cultures and generations.
Our goal is to contextualize without compromise, to be catalysts and facilitators for the development of the biblical purposes without compromising the gospel.
Church leaders must be aware of two opposite and equally dangerous errors: under-adapting and over-adapting to their surrounding culture. To avoid these errors, you must learn how to contextualize the gospel through the ongoing dynamics of adapting and challenging that never stop.
In this 6-part series you’ll be equipped to:
- Recognize the risks in adapting ministry styles
- Describe the dynamics of under and over-adapting
- Define worship emphases, elements, and models
- Identify learning models, styles, and principles
- Explain fellowship celebrations, congregations, and cells
- Analyze outreach gathering and scattering styles
This brief video (6:26) will help you recognize and avoid the dangers of under-adapting and over-adapting to the culture.
Registration closes October 15