Watch This New Video
Some believe that any human or horizontal focus in worship detracts from its God-centeredness and is therefore unbiblical and inappropriate. This idea sounds right, and there is truth in it, but it’s not biblical.
The Scriptures present us with a vertical and horizontal focus in worship. Our vertical focus in worship is on God and our horizontal focus is on others.
In this 6-part series you’ll be equipped to:
- Distinguish between worship in its broad and narrow sense
- Affirm the vertical and horizontal dimensions of worship
- Understand the role of Scripture as the only authority regarding worship practices
- Learn how to determine the propriety of worship practices not addressed in Scripture
- Illustrate how worship includes our understanding, affections, and behavior
- Demonstrate the importance of the means of grace and the elements of worship
This brief video (7:15) will help you understand how both a vertical and horizontal focus in worship is needed to mature spiritually.
Preview New Course: Worship
Registration closes December 15
We help underserved church leaders
develop churches that transform lives and communities.