Is God like a Father or a Judge?
A Warrior or a Shepherd?
A Light or a Fire?
Our infinite God has graciously revealed himself to our finite capabilities by making comparisons (analogies) about himself in the Bible as a light, a fire, an eagle, a father, a king, a judge, a warrior, a shepherd, etc.
John Calvin describes this as a nurse talking in baby-talk to a child she’s caring for, stooping to the child’s level to be understood.
In this video we’ll deepen our knowledge of God by examining analogies he’s given us about himself. Then, we’ll take a closer look at God’s knowledge (omniscience), power (omnipotence), and presence (omnipresence). Come join us.
In this NEW Applied Theology Project Course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain why both the religious and non-religious have faith
- Understand how God has broken through to reveal himself
- Describe how God uses analogies to reveal his personal attributes
- Articulate how God reveals in Scripture his Triune nature and work
- Describe how the Father’s kingdom on earth is overthrown by the fall
- See how Jesus’ redemption and Spirit’s restoration restore the kingdom
- Learn how to see all life through the revelation of God’s Triune Lordship
This brief video (7:16) will help you deepen your knowledge and worship of God by studying the revelation of his attributes in the Bible.