The Apostle Paul’s letter to the Ephesians displays a pattern for Gospel-centered preaching that includes both indicatives and imperatives.
In Ephesians, the Apostle Paul demonstrates a model for Gospel-centered preaching that includes both indicatives (chapters 1-3: who we are in Christ) and imperatives (chapters 4-6: what we do for Christ).
As we learned earlier, John Stott writes that the key to effective preaching is not mastering certain techniques but being mastered by core convictions.
In this FREE video, our focus is on one of the core convictions of the Apostle Paul revealed in his letter to the Ephesian Christians.
In this course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand the necessary core convictions in preaching
- Explain how Christ is the means and motive for Christian living
- Share how God’s astonishing love in Christ impacts preaching
- Design a practical method for preparing Christ-centered sermons
- Demonstrate how to apply the gospel to the lives of believers
- Illustrate how to preach Christ to believers and unbelievers
This brief video (12:58) will help you discover how the book of Ephesians provides an overarching structure, or template, for preaching the gospel and living the Christian life.