Professors John Frame and Steve Childers combine their almost 90 years of experience (Frame 49 Systematic Theology, Childers 22 Practical Theology & 15 in church planting and pastoring) to help you apply theology to life and ministry. Study the 8 foundations Scripture provides for developing sound theology.
Because the Bible is God’s inspired Word which includes an understandable and consistent set of truths, we can understand it on our own, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. So, we must learn to test everything, including the great ecumenical creeds, the historical confessions of faith, and our church’s doctrinal statements by studying the Scripture.
Like Martin Luther, we must learn to test everything, including the ancient creeds, confessions, and our church’s doctrinal statements by studying the Scriptures.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand why everyone is a theologian
- Explain how to develop sound theology
- Articulate the biblical foundation of sound theology
- Articulate the missional foundation of sound theology
- Explain how God’s Lordship and Triune nature shape theology
- Describe redemptive history and covenants in theology
- Explain how salvation, Christ, and the gospel “fit” in theology
This brief video (6:39) will help you learn how to develop sound theology that is based primarily on the study of Scripture and the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Registration closes September 15