Just as the health of a human body is determined by the health of its cells, so the health of a church body is determined by the health of its groups. This is why the focus of church group leaders shouldn’t be on the numerical growth of their group, but on its health. When leaders focus on developing a healthy group, the result is normally a growing group. This is because, like in all of God’s creation, health normally brings growth.
What are the marks of a healthy group? Healthy groups are marked by several elements we find in the book of Acts which describe the first-century gathering of Christians
In this video, we’ll learn the vital signs of a healthy group and how to avoid the most common mistakes.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain how Christ uses community to advance God’s purpose
- Define the communion of saints as used in the Apostle’s Creed
- Explain why churches need group shepherding structures
- Understand the essential elements of a healthy group
- Defend the importance of community outside of public worship
- Consider the need for intentional organization of groups
This brief video (6:17) will teach you that healthy groups are marked by several key elements that describe the first-century gatherings of Christians.
SPECIAL OFFER: TAKE WITH YOUR OWN ONLINE GROUP FOR FREE!