Professors John Frame and Steve Childers combine almost 90 years of experience to help you practically apply theology to your life and ministry. Study the 8 foundations Scripture provides for developing sound theology.
The Trinity must be seen as not only one topic amidst a list of theological topics, but also as the foundational perspective through which we see all theology. We need to return to the ancient, creedal Trinitarian approach to theology.
Sound theology must be Trinitarian because God reveals himself in Scripture as the Triune LORD. To know God as LORD means to know who God is (his attributes) and what God does (his acts) in creation and redemption as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Therefore, the study of the Trinity must be seen as more than one topic in Christian doctrine, but as the perspective through which we see all doctrines.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand why everyone is a theologian
- Explain how to develop sound theology
- Articulate the biblical foundation of sound theology
- Understand the missional foundation of sound theology
- Explain how God’s Lordship shapes theology
- Explain how God’s Triune nature shapes theology
- Describe redemptive history and covenants in theology
- Explain how salvation, Christ, and the gospel “fit” in theology
This brief video (4:01) will teach you how to gain a Trinitarian perspective toward the development of sound theology.
Registration closes September 15