Professors John Frame and Steve Childers combine almost 90 years of experience to help you practically apply theology to your life and ministry. Study the 8 foundations Scripture provides for developing sound theology.
God reveals in Scripture who he is and what he does through his magnificent acts of redemption in history from the beginning to the end of time. We develop sound theology in light of God’s unfolding acts of creation, redemption, and restoration of all things in Christ.
God reveals in Scripture who he is and what he does through his magnificent acts in history from the beginning to the end of time. So sound theology must be deeply rooted in God’s unfolding revelation in redemptive history seen in creation, the fall, redemption, and the final restoration of all things.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand why everyone is a theologian
- Explain how to develop sound theology
- Articulate the biblical foundation of sound theology
- Understand the missional foundation of sound theology
- Explain how God’s Lordship shapes theology
- Explain how God’s Triune nature shapes theology
- Describe how redemptive history shapes theology
- Understand how biblical covenants shape theology
- Explain how salvation, Christ, and the gospel “fit” in theology
This brief video (5:45) will help you learn how to develop sound theology by understanding doctrine in light of redemptive history.
Registration closes October 15