Watch New Video
Read the Chapter
Professors John Frame and Steve Childers combine almost 90 years of experience to help you practically apply theology to your life and ministry. Study the 8 foundations Scripture provides for developing sound theology.
A theology that is sound and faithful to Scripture must reflect the story of God’s unfolding covenants in history.
In the Scriptures, the Lord sovereignly establishes his covenant with his creatures, in which he binds himself by his own oath to keep his promises. The Old and New Testaments describe the special relationship God has with his people as a covenant. Like the Trinity, the concept of covenant is more than a narrow point of doctrine. It also gives us a conceptual overview by which we are to understand all of Scripture.
In this course you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand why everyone is a theologian
- Explain how to develop sound theology
- Articulate the biblical foundation of sound theology
- Understand the missional foundation of sound theology
- Explain how God’s Lordship shapes theology
- Explain how God’s Triune nature shapes theology
- Describe how redemptive history shapes theology
- Understand how biblical covenants shape theology
- Explain how salvation, Christ, and the gospel “fit” in theology
This brief video (4:49) will help you learn that the topic of biblical covenants is not an isolated topic in theology but one that can help us understand all other theological topics.
Preview New Applied Theology
Foundations Course Today!
Registration closes October 15