Great advances have been made in the principles and methods needed to train godly, effective church leaders. In fact, a new word has been popularized called andragogy to describe learner-centered, competency-based training in contrast to the old word pedagogy linked to teaching-centered, information-transfer training.
In this next video, we will be introduced to adult-learning training methods. To educate church leaders well, it’s not enough for them to read books, listen to lectures, write papers, and take tests. Learn what they really need.
In this course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Understand the primacy of Christian character in leadership development
- Demonstrate how leadership development occurs in relationships
- Explain three effective training methods for developing leaders
- Implement effective church leadership development models
- Describe core competencies needed for effective church leadership
- Demonstrate how to assess character, skills, and knowledge
- Understand the principles and methods needed for effective training
- Evaluate calling, giftedness, and core competencies for church leaders
- Develop vision, mission, values, and plans for effective leadership development
- Design and implement a practical leadership development plan in your church
This brief video (3:30) will help you learn how to develop as a mature, effective church leader.