The Christian hope is not going back to a garden in Eden or up to heaven where our soul has no body. Instead, it is in going forward to the new earth that God promises will one day come down from heaven to earth as our final home.
In the meantime, as the new community, the Church, we press on against the powerful forces of evil that oppose God’s cosmic restoration project.
By participating in his redemptive mission we embrace the suffering that Jesus promised would be the experience of all who follow him in advancing God’s kingdom on earth. Learn more in this free video and course today.
In this new Perspectives Course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Explain why both the religious and non-religious have faith
- Understand how God has broken through to reveal himself
- Describe how God uses analogies to reveal his personal attributes
- Understand who God is and what God does as Triune Lord
- Recognize how God created the world to be his kingdom on earth
- Describe how the Father’s kingdom on earth was overthrown
- Learn how God’s kingdom has already come on the earth
- Understand the way God’s Kingdom will one day be on earth
- Learn how to see all life through the revelation of God’s Triune Lordship
This brief video (3:38) will help you understand the new earth that God promises will one day come down from heaven to earth as our final home.