(Childers’ Vintage Seminary Class Video: Bad Quality Video But Great Content)
To understand the cross, we must understand the true meaning of Jesus’ death: “Divine self-satisfaction through divine self-substitution.”
In this FREE COURSE, we’ll take a closer look at why we are not saved by the horrible torture and physical crucifixion Jesus experienced by “the wrath of man”. Jesus not only died for us, he also died for God. It’s amazing grace – what God requires, he provides in Christ!
“It’s amazing grace – what God requires, he provides!”
You’ll be equipped to:
- Describe Jesus’ gospel of the kingdom as more than personal salvation
- Understand how Jesus saves us by BOTH his sacrificial life and death
- Articulate the meaning of Jesus’s death as a substitutionary atonement
- Delineate the difference between Jesus’ suffering man’s wrath and God’s wrath
- Explain the meaning of the resurrected Christ as the firstborn of many
- Share why the essence of the gospel is summarized by Paul as Our God reigns!
This brief video (8:51) will help you understand the biblical concept of the cross as “God satisfying himself by substituting himself.”