(Childers’ Vintage Seminary Class Video: Bad Quality Video But Great Content)
Create Your Own Online Study Group for Free!
There is no place in Scripture that calls us to “pray to receive Christ” or “ask Jesus to come into our heart and forgive us” so we’ll go to heaven. But the Bible is very clear about what “we must do” to be saved.
There’s a lot of confusion today about what the Bible teaches on the meaning of true saving faith in Christ. It’s frighteningly common for people to wrongly believe that if they’ve just prayed “a sinner’s prayer” and asked Jesus “to forgive them and come into their heart,” they’re saved. The result is often a dangerous false assurance of salvation based on what Francis Schaeffer calls their “faith in their faith,” not their repentance and faith in the resurrected, ascended, living Christ as Lord and Savior. There’s a big difference.
In this FREE COURSE, we’ll take a closer look at the biblical concept of true saving faith in Christ as more than just praying a sincere prayer asking God for forgiveness.
You’ll be equipped to:
- Describe Jesus’ gospel of the kingdom as more than personal salvation
- Understand how Jesus saves us by BOTH his sacrificial life and death
- Articulate the meaning of Jesus’s death as a substitutionary atonement
- Understand why everyone going to heaven is making a round trip
- Explain the meaning of the three promises God makes in the gospel
- Share what it means to repent and believe in Jesus to be saved
This brief video (9:23) will help you understand the biblical concept of true saving faith in Christ as more than just praying a sincere prayer asking God for forgiveness.
SPECIAL OFFER: TAKE WITH YOUR OWN ONLINE GROUP FOR FREE!
We help underserved church leaders develop churches that transform lives and communities